Napoleon Outlawed

Mutah Beale AKA Napoleon From Outlawz to Outlawed

Shaikh Fatwah

In The Name of Allah The Most Beneficent The Most Merciful

Sheikh Abdur Razaq Ibn Abdul Muhsin Al Abbad (Hafithahullah) was asked: “There is a particular brother from amongst us who used to be involved in the music industry, namely the “Outlawz” (The sheikh laughed and said “Now he is a Muslim?!” His name is Muta and was previously known as “Napoleon” So the sheikh said “After the oppressive French military General?” So the questioner said: “Yes sheikh, Barakallahu feek” He has accepted Islam and acknowledges Salafiyah as the correct Aqeedah and Minhaj. Many of the youth, including many of the Saudi youth, continue to listen to his music. He is involved in giving da’wah targeting these youth by explaining to them how he accepted Islam and the dangers of the music industry, as well as the impermissibility of music. The brother asks if it is permissible for him to spread his story by way of a DVD recording. This question is due to the fact that many have begun to question and scrutinize the permissibility of this. He also asks would this be considered publicizing his sins after accepting Islam? Please benefit us may Allah reward you.

The Sheikh (Hafithahullah) replied by saying: First of all, convey my salaams to the brother and tell him that I convey the salaams on behalf of all the scholars here and welcome him to Islam. The scholars today are not like the scholars of yesterday, and what I mean by this is, during the time of the scholars like Muhammad Ibn Ibrahim, Sheikh Uthaymeen and Ibn ul Baaz, may Allah have mercy on them all. They used to sit with the people and address their needs and were accessible due to the fact that the dunya had not yet opened its wings. However, today the scholars are very busy and do not have the time necessary to address the brothers and sisters in the West except by way of telephone conferences. This preoccupation is even seen in their level of knowledge and the way in which they answer questions today and we seek assistance with Allah. I truly apologize to the brothers and sisters in the West for any short comings on the part of the scholars and the lack of time we have to facilitate knowledge to them.

Nevertheless, Subhanallah! I am Amazed at the brothers and sisters who come from the West with absolutely no attachment to Islam and then accept the religion and become so vigilant and dedicated to propagating Islam, even more than those who were born and raised in the religion of Islam! The Brother should learn the Tawheed of Allah and spend a great deal of time establishing a relationship with Allah. He should not give talks about the detailed issues of the religion, rather he should leave that to the scholars and the students of knowledge. He should not utilize this opportunity to dazzle the people by entertaining them with his story, rather he should always tie his story in with Tawheed and establishing a relationship with Allah. As is relates to using the T.V. as a means of spreading Islam. Some of the scholars differ about this matter but the position that I incline towards is the position of the major scholars that came before me namely, Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Ibrahim, Sheikh Muhammad Ibn Salih Al Uthaymeen and sheikh Abdul Aziz Ibn Baaz, that if it is for the purpose of spreading Islam then we should take advantage of it and not leave it as an empty void to be filled by the People of Desires and Innovation.

As it relates to sharing his story being a means of publicizing his sins, this is not the case, rather he should not speak about what he did in the past with much detail, nor should he speak about it in a manner of glorification. We have books which contain the biographies of the salaf, some detailing who and what they were prior to Islam. So how did we get this information except that they exposed some of it, as a means of education not as a means of entertainment and glorification. One vivid example of this is the story of one of the salaf by the name of Fudhayl Ibn Iyaadh (Rahimahullah) who was on his way to commit zina (i.e. fornication) with a woman and in the process of climbing the wall to her house for this purpose, he heard some of the Muslims performing salat, and he heard the verse:

Has not the time come that the hearts of the believers tremble with fear for the remembrance of Allah and what He has revealed of the Haqq (i.e. truth)…”

And he said: “Yes indeed! Here I am about to fornicate with someone’s daughter and the Muslims are there performing prayer to get closer to Allah!” He abandoned this act and later became one of the most influential and renowned scholars of his time may Allah have mercy on him. And we find this profound story in books like Imam Ath Thahabi’s Seeyer A’alam An Nubalaa’ and other books which concentrate on compiling the biographies of the salaf and Allah knows best. Also tell the brother to send me a copy of the DVD and perhaps we can set up a program where he can speak to some of our youth here in Saudi.

51 Responses to “Shaikh Fatwah”

1. Ahmed says:

As salaam alaykum,

I love your cautiousness, indeed, we all need to work on our taqwa.

2. Fatima says:

Salaam Brother,

I’d like to know why so many African Americans choose the Salafi minhaj or path in Islam. It is not the middle road. Even in Saudi Arabia, the mashayikh that appear on their televisions are not as rigid as the Salafi school of thought practiced by most African American converts. And since most converts in the USA are African American, I’m just trying to understand why they choose this particular Islamic school of thought which is very literal and complicated in its interpretation. Lifestyle for the Salafis is very rigid.

Allah made the Quran very simple and easy to follow. It’s an easy way of life which humans have since chosen to complicate. I find the way of the Salaf far from the middle.

Saudi citizens are far from the way of the Salafi school of thought.

3. anon says:

As-salamu alaykum,
    @ Fatima-

Alhamdullilah that Allah has guided many to the manhaj of As-Salaf-us-Saalih, the way of our pious predecessors, and May Allah continue to do so (ameen). This beautiful, and very easy way of life focuses on following the example and guidance of the early generations of Islam, namely the first three generations of Muslims, who were the very best of this Ummah. There are many proofs that show clearly why we Muslims must adhere to the example and guidance of our Salaf ( I don’t think there is enough space for me to enumerate those evidences here), but will do so upon request insha’Allah

As a convert to Islam who kept her chastity in jaahiliyah, stayed away from drugs, violence, and all the vices you mentioned in your statement above, I am deeply offended at your generalizations about those of African decent, what evidence, (other than anecdotal) do you have for having such an opinion about those converting from a particular ethnic group. Yes without doubt, some communities are blighted with serious social ills, however who told you that all of those who have converted from such communities actually led a life of vice. Please think carefully before insulting you brothers and sisters in Islam. Not all of us lived in such deprivation. Finally, Simply in answer to your question many of us converting to Islam, as well as those born in Islam, choose the way of the Salaf because clearly it is the truth. Walilahil Hamd

4. Fatima says:

Salaam Sr. Anonymous,

No offense was meant so none should be taken. It is wrong to read into another’s niyah. Of course not all African Americans are afflicted with the social ills that afflict all societies today (both Muslim and non-Muslim). Mashallah good for you that you managed to maintain a clean lifestyle despite all of the temptations that are out there, even before you became Muslim.

You don’t really provide an explanation about why this minhaj is so popular with African American and other converts. It is NOT what mainstream muslims practice. How could so many be so wrong and so few be so right. Are the majority damned and headed for hell-fire while a few following what a lot of muslims term a “CULT” headed for Jannah.

I’m just trying to understand.

You merely became angry with me which is the reaction many sisters have with each other. Such a shame. Put aside your anger and calm down and think and think again before responding.

I would like a an answer from Napolean really and not an angry sister of African or any other descent. Your response gives fodder for actors and comedians who stereotype black women.

Rise above this and practice the kindness, love, peach and harmony that Allah teaches us about.

Salaam Ms. Anonymous

5. Ahmed says:

Salaam Fatima,

Might not be the best translation, but…

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “My community will experience everything that the Children of Israel had experienced, following in their footsteps exactly, so much so that if one of their number had approached his mother publicly for sex, one of my community will do the same. The Children of Israel divided into 72 sects. My community will divide into 73 sects, and all of them will be in the Hellfire save one.”

The people asked him: “And which one will that be?”

He replied: “The one that follows what I and my Companions are upon right now.”

6. anon says:

As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,
    Fatima-
    May Allah have mercy upon all believers and forgive them for their sins.
    No sister, I did not say I was angry, look back at what I wrote, I said that your words were offensive, like this statement of yours and I quote:

”Do you think African Americans choose it because prior to becoming muslim, they are living at the other end of the spectrum with very little morality or sense of right and wrong. Endless sexual encounters, children out of wedlock, drugs, violence, poverty and an overall lack of structure.”
    End quote

This is an awful, sweeping generalization to make about your brothers and sisters in Islam, no need for searching your niyyah, your words which are open for the world to see are very clear. You see my concern is not so much about any particular community rather my concern is about you as a Muslimah having such an awful assumption about your fellow Muslims. Really as Muslims we should be calling and encouraging others to the beauty of Islam not turning them away with such suspicious thoughts and ill assumptions.

No dear sister Fatima, I’m not angry with you (we are sisters in Islam) and I really couldn’t care less about the foolish kalaam of the sufahaa’ (comediennes) and whatever rubbish they spread about black women, I have no time for such filth, especially when I know that I myself have broken every negative stereotype there is out there concerning black women and this is from the Grace and Bounty of Allah. So perhaps you should take some of your own advise and calm down. You say many sisters are angry with each other, wallaahi, this is far from my own experience of sisters in Islam. The sisters that I meet and watch interact with one another, from so many different types of backgrounds have so much love for the sake of Allah and encourage one another to the good with sincerity. Perhaps you need to change the company that you keep and check within yourself to see if any of your own actions are affecting these sisters in any way and Allah knows best.

Those that ascribe themselves to the Salafi Manhaj often rid themselves from such negative ill assumptions about people in general and because of this you will find the Salafiyoon striving in calling to Allah. You will find the Salafiyoon giving da’wah to Allah in the prisons, market places, slum/ghetto areas, because they have freed themselves from the fear that stereotypes can create and go out in the way of Allah calling to Islam. When one is blessed with the truth, there is such a great desire to share that.
    This is part of the reason why Salafi Da’wah is so successful by Allah’s permission and why many converts turn towards the Salafi Manhaj

Insha’Allah I will follow this post with the proofs from the Qur’an and Sunnah as to why the Salafi Manhaj is the truth. This will be for the benefit of whoever wishes to benefit. Truly sister Fatima, I have no ill feelings towards you in my heart.
    Wa billahi Tawfiq
    Wa salaamu alaykum
    Mrs Anonymous

7. Abdullah says:

Salafi in the arabic language means ‘one who follows the Salaf’. The term Salaf means ‘predecessor’. The Prophet sallallahu alaiyhi wa sallam said to his daughter Fatimah radhi Allaahu anhaa: ‘I am a blessed Salaf.’ reported by Imaam Muslim. So our Prophet discribed himself as being a Salaf. Imaam Abu Haneefah (died 1500H) said: ‘Stick to the way of the Salaf.’ reported by Imaam as-Suyootee in his book ‘Sawn al-Mantaq’. The term Salaf refers to the best and earliest generations of Muslims, so its clear that this term is not something new!

Those who call themselves (or rather, those who label people) Wahaabi, Maaliki etc, call themselves that after a human being (like what the Christians have done). A Salafi is one who follows the best (first 3 generations) of Muslims who stuck to the Sunnah. They are Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’aah and they are the people who stick to the narrations and hadith.

The 4 Imaams called the people to follow the Sunnah, upon the understanding of the Companions. Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (died 241H) said: ‘Do not make Taqleed (blind following) of me, nor of Shaafi’ee nor Maalik, nor Ath-Thawree and nor Awza’ee, rather take from where they took (ie the Sunnah)’ – showing that OUR call should not be different from theirs!

The Salafis cannot be discribed with extremism, since they have (in every era and location) fought againts extremist ideologies and this is recorded and written in thousands of books and articles – islamagaintsextremism.com

The Salafi follows our Prophet more than any individual, no one’s word is given precedence over his, no one’s example is better than his, no one’s guidance is better than his! His Sunnah is to be followed by the understanding of the Companions who numbered over 114,000 at the time of his passing away. They (the first 3 generations) understood the Sunnah better than ANYONE who came after them. We take our Deen, rulings and fatwas from the Salaf and the Salafi Imaams (Abu Haneefah, Maalik, Shaafi’ee and Ahmad ibn Hanbal and countless others who reached the level of knowledge and excellence that only Allah truly knows, may Allah shower them with mercy, Ameen).

The Salafi takes rulings from all these great Imaams without exception, so long as the ruling or fatwa is supported by evidence! Where a difference of opinion occurs between them, then the evidence that is stronger and closer to the Qur’an and Sunnah is given precedence, as Allah commanded the believers, ‘And if you differ in any affair between yourselves, then refer it back to Allah and His Messenger if you truly believe in Allah and the Last Day.’

If however, a person is unable to understand the evidences or is illiterate, then there is no harm (in that particular instance) to make taqleed and take a ruling from one of the great Imaams, as Allah has stated, ‘Ask the people of knowledge if you do not know. With proofs and scripture…’ However, one should always try and avoid blind following and always look for proofs because this is the origin of the command of Allah, where He said to His noble Prophet: ‘Say (to them O Prophet): If you truly love Allah, then follow me, then Allah will love you and forgive you your sins.’

The Salafis who are Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah by consensus (Ijmaa’) as Shaykhul-Islam ibn Taymiyyah (died 728H) mentions, should never be seen as a threat, rather they call the people firstly to Tawheed (Ibaadah to Allah alone and negating Shirk) and the correct belief (Aqeedah), and the Sunnah of the Messenger (free from Bidah), and they call the people to purify themselves from sins, disobedience and transgression. They command the people to respect their parents, to serve their families and educate their children. They are upright members of the community, they intergrate into the community yet maintain their faith and belief, they care for their neighbours’ (regardless if they are Muslim or not), they spend in charity and help the orphans.

This is the mobel Salafi, who follows the Sunnah (and how we all should try to be)!

may Allah forgive us for our ignorance and shortcomings, Ameen.

8. Fatima says:

Salaam Br. Abdullah,

Jazallahu Khairan for the explanation. At least you were polite when responding and not angry and going off on a rant. I understand the background and history of the Salafi group. And on paper as you write it, it looks good, however, the Salafis I have met at the local masjid are very literal in their interpretation of Islam. 4 wives is a must. When often it is simply to satisfy lust and a behaviour that existed before many converted to Islam. Multiple sex partners but in the halal, legal way. Beat your wife when she disagrees with you. Yet the Prophet SAAW never hurt any of his wives or children. Divorce her and marry another. Many do not even have jobs. They live off of welfare. They seem very preoccupied with following everything to the letter of the law. Short jilbabs and pants, long beards with no mustache, women wearing niqab. It’s all about rules and regulations which are important, however, I don’t get the sense that they focus very much on the spiritual aspect of our faith. I don’t know. They remind me in some ways of Hasidic Jews, if that makes sense.

All muslims that do not follow the salafi path are considered kuffar according to the salafis I’ve met. And on and on it goes. They don’t feel welcoming. Much like sister Anonymous. A muslima with no name or a name to hide. Not kind in her words and really not welcoming as the Prophet SAAW would be. May Allah have mercy on his ummah.

I still don’t see the appeal and I recently met with a white convert that used to be salafi. He told me that they preach purity but it is, in fact, a cult. I don’t know about that. I do know that only Allah can judge us, not other people. I was just trying to understand the big attraction with the salafi path but I think that perhaps it provides a strong sense of structure with its literal interpretation for those who lack structure or were raised without it. Perhaps it gives continuity to those who have had structure and rigid rules all of their lives. A sense of community and a sense of belonging. I did read Umar Lee’s blog and what he says did make some sense. I guess it is for Allah to judge however it is sad that Islam has fallen in to differing sects and people disagreeing about trivial things.

Allahu A3lam.

I really wanted to hear from the owner of this blog but apparently only nameless women and random readers like yourself Br. Abdullah reply.

I won’t be visiting this site again. I was just curious about the attraction to the Salafi movement as it is spreading in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan, like wildfire. May Allah protect us from the evil whisperings of Shaytan and forgive us in HIs Infinite Mercy inshallah.

Ameen

9. umm Zubair bint Racine says:

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem as salaatu wa salam ala rasoolilah, ameen…

As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu…Those whom Allah wants good for, He gives them understanding of the religion.

We being the “common” people in this beautiful way of life (Islam) have to keep in mind that there were munafiqs (hypocrites) during the lifetime of the prophet salalahu alaihi wa salam who sought to destroy the earliest portion/ or earliest part of Islam, and sought to do this from the inside. Standing in the ranks of those who truly believed. Now what about our time today??!!

We are over 1400 years after the hijrah. Would’nt we know that there are some that will claim this religion and are really not believers in Allah nor the establishment of the Hour (the day of recompense)!!

Surah 2 ayat 8 & 9 And of mankind, there are some who say: “we believe in Allah and the last day,” while in fact they believe not. They (think to ) deceive Allah and those
    who believe, while in fact they only deceive themselves, and perceive it not!!

We should not give time to everyone that claim they are trying to gain an understanding of this way of life, in specific when the individual has his.her mind made up on what they have already seen or heard.

Some are actually looking to dispute. To cause doubt in your religon or to strive to keep others from coming to the religion. The prophet salalahu alaihi wa salam said, “differing is evil.”

It is clear that many will come to this website, muslims & non muslims out of the attraction for the brother, Mutah. Which he should never be our focus anyway, but many will come to check it out, his story, his life, his reverting back to Islam upon the correct methodology. And shaytaan (the enemy to mankind i.e the devil) is pleased if just another ONE is misguided or never get the true oppurtunity to know what he/she was created for.

Hypocrites are real in Islam. They were around before our time and will be here until the Hour is establihed seeking to destory Islam from the inside. Speaking Islamic/Arabic terms, giving salams, making du’aa does not say one is a muslim.

surah 2 ayah 14 and when they meet those who believe, they say, ” We believe,” but when they are alone with their shaytins (devils) they say, ” Truly we are with you, verily we were but mocking.”

Insha’Allah let us remember that whoever Allah guides there is NO ONE to misguide them and whomever Allah misguides there is NO that can guide him.

TRULY it is NOT for me to say who is a hypocrite and who is not. This is a matter that is SOLELY FOR ALLAH. But as muslims we have to keep this reality and not differ especially when a non muslim can hear or read what is being said, and turn away from Islam based on what they have seen or heard.

10. Abdullah says:

saheeh umm Zubair.

in short, we all must remember that, IF we have a bad experiance with a particular people, doesnt mean that all of those people are the same! just as how sister Fatima (above) discribes those muslims she has come across, & they say they are Salafi, those people are not an example for the intire Salafi ummah! just like the black guy in my town who robs someone is not an example for me & every black person on this earth! all of us have a duty in being a good example & not living up to the stereo types.

i remember my uncle said to me once “so how was umrah? & the arabs? because i friend of mine told me they (the arabs) are racist.” man i gave him a lecture lol. those who Allah has Blessed with knowledge & sincerity, know that we are here, men & women, to worship Allah alone, & He has made us into tribes so we can know one another!

insha’Allah i hope the sister does come back on here & benefit, only Allah Knows, as He Knows who is sincere. & a reminder to myself & others, we all need to take certain things with a “pinch of salt” as we dont know everyone & everything, & sometimes people just want to pull your strings, but on the other side of the coin they may want the haqq, so all we can do is give the haqq, & not get upset if someone wants to argue or disagree with you. & as umm Zubair mentioned, shaytaan “is pleased if just another ONE is misguided or never get the true oppurtunity to know what he/she was created for.”

may Allah emplement Tawheed & the Sunnah in our hearts, before our time comes! Ameen.

11. anon says:

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Raheem
    Verily all Praise is due to Allah, we praise Him, we seek His Aid and ask His Forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah from the evil of ourselves and from the evil of our actions. Whomsoever Allah guides, none can misguide him and whomsoever Allah misguides, none can guide him aright. I testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah Alone having no partners and I testify that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, his family, and his companions and upon all those who follow their way until the Last Day.
    To proceed:

As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
    In reality there really is no distinction between Islam and Salafiyah. As Islam is Salafiyah and Salafiyah is Islam. Why? Because the Salafi methodology calls the believers to return to the application and implementation of Islam according to the understanding of the very best generations of Islam, our Pious Predecessors, the Salaf. The Salaf were the first three generations of Muslims about whom the Prophet -Sallaahu alayhi wa sallam- spoke specifically when he -Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him- said:

”The best of people is my generation, then those who come after them, then those who come after them (i.e. the first three generations of Muslims).” [Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

In this authentic hadith the Prophet (sallaahu alayhi wa sallam) referred firstly to his Companions, (may Allah be pleased with them all) who were the very first generation to witness Islam in its purity and who followed the perfect example and teachings of the Prophet, having been taught directly by him. Next there is reference to the second generation of Muslims that followed the Companions, known as the Taabi’een, it was this second generation who met and was taught by the Companions directly, following meticulously in their footsteps. Finally there is reference to the third generation of this Ummah the Taabi’ Taabi’een who were the students of the Taabi’een.

What is significant about the first three generations of Muslims is that they were united upon the religion of Islam, at a time when the Muslims were one Jamaa’ah, (collective group) prior to the appearance of the major sects and the divisions that we sadly see today. So, as Muslims of this present time, where we witness many groups/sects all claiming to be true Islam, how would any of us as common worshippers know which path is the true path to follow? The answer is to return back to that path which the very best of this Ummah treaded upon. As no-one could ever claim to have a better understanding of the religion than them.
    The statement of Allah to the Prophet (sallaahu alayhi wa sallam) and the believers (i.e. the Companions) in reference to the disbelievers:

”So if they believe as you believe, they are indeed rightly guided; but of they turn away, they are only in opposition”
    (Al-Baqarah: 137)

The statement of Allah Tabaaraka wa Ta’aala:

”And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad sallaahi alayhi wa sallam) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers’ way, We shall keep him in the path he has chosen and burn him in Hell-what an evil destination!”
    (Al-Nisa: 115)
    Regarding this verse, Shaykh Muhammad bin Umar Bazmool, professor and lecturer at Umm-ul Quraa University Makkah, (hafithahullah) states in his book entitled ‘The Salafi Methodology: Its Definition, Characteristics and Reformist Call’:

”And the believers way in the first place is to accept (truthfully) that which the Companions were upon (May the Pleasure of Allah be upon them). So whoever leaves their way, follows a way other than that of the believers.”

The statement of the Messenger of Allah (sallaahu alayhi wa sallam):

”I advise you to Fear Allah Azza wa Jal, and to give absolute obedience even if a slave becomes your leader. For verily he among you who lives [long] will see great differing, so you must keep to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided Caliphs –cling to it stubbornly. Beware of newly invented matters, [in the religion] for every invented matter is an innovation and every innovation is a going astray”
    [Reported by Abu Dawud and At-Tirmithee, who stated it as Hasan and Sahih]

So any Muslim, sincerely seeking the truth will evaluate and ponder upon evidences like the above, as well as what other commentators have previously posted and will insha’Allah by Allah’s permission begin to understand the importance and the necessity for a Muslim who wishes to practice true Islam as it was revealed to follow the guidance and way of the earliest and best generation of Muslims our Salaf.

May Allah unite the hearts of the believers upon the Deen of Islam and this beautiful Manhaj, and may He forgive me for my mistakes and shortcomings (Ameen).

12. anon says:

As salamu alaykum
    I’ve returned to add, may Allah reward sr.Umm Zubair and br.Abdullah for their reminders and observations.
    I must admit to having been quite stunned by the description of African Americans that
    I felt compelled to say something, particularly as, since converting to Islam I’ve been blessed to get to know a number of very good practicing African American families
    who are Salafi insha’Allah and who are far from those descriptions. But having said that, it is very true to say that we should ‘read less’ into a person’s words especially when emails/posts do not allow us to hear the true tone or voice of the one expressing an opinion or asking a question.

As Allah has blessed all humans with intelligence and the ability to perceive the world around them.

”Say it is He who has created you and endowed you with hearing and seeing, and hearts”
    Al mulk: 23

Why would the African American man or woman be any different from the rest of mankind when it comes to using these faculties/abilities. Surely all humans regardless of race are of the same essence when it comes to the reasons why people seek the truth and wish to follow it. At some stage in life, a person has the desire to know their purpose and where they are headed to.

May Allah guide those who sincerely seek the truth to the straight path (Ameen).

13. Mutah Beale says:

Salam alaikum sister Fatima
    First of all let me apologize for my late response to your post, as I been traveling did not have time to read or reply to any post that were made on my site, also we want you to visit our site again and if we did anything to offend you speaking of any of us from this website or those who post on this site please forgive us.

To answer your question about why I follow the salafi methodology Alhumdulillah All praise due to Allah for guiding me from a life of darkness to the light of Islam the religion off all his prophets and messengers and the only religion that will be accepted from Allah. When I accepted the religion of Islam I was excited and thankfull that Allah guided me to his religion but I wasn’t satisfied with just calling myself a muslim, I said to myself now that Allah has guided me to his religion now its time for me to practice this religion the correct way, the way he want his slaves to practice islam, after making dua and asking Allah to guide me to the correct way of following his religion Alhumdulillah he guided me to the path of Ahlus sunnah wal Jamaah and the correct way to practice this deen. Following the way of the salaf is prescribed on every person who calls himself a muslim.

Allah says in the Quran 4:115

Who ever opposes the messenger and follow away other then the way of the believers we will leave what they are upon and at the end land them in the hell fire what an evil destination!

Ibn Abbas who is a sahaba and was one of the most knowledgeable when it comes to the Quran said when Allah said believers in this verse above he was speaking about us the sahabas! So here in the Quran Allah made it clear that we have to follow the sahabas and who ever does the opposite will have an evil ending, May Allah protect us from this.

The sahabas proceeded us, they are our predecessors in the Arabic language it is called the Salaf.

As some one mentioned on this post that the word salaf isn’t a new word as the Prophet (pbuh) called his self a salaf to his daughter Fatima May Allah be pleased with her, when he said I am the best Salaf for you.

The Prophet Also said the best people are my generation , then those who come after them and then those who came after them, referring to the first 3 generation of muslims who proceeded us and they are known as the Salifuh salih! The rightly guided predecessors!

In another authentic hadith the prophet said follow my sunnah and the sunnah of the rightly guided khulifat the caliphas which were Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali.
    Which in other words are our predecessors (the Salaf)

Also Allah says in the Quran 2:137

So if they believe in the like of that which you believe (sahabas), then they are rightly guided, but if they turn away, then they are only in opposition. So Allah will suffice you against them. And he is the All Hearer, the All Knower.

Believers in the above verse once again was speaking about the sahabas our Salaf!

Ibn taymiyah said there is no criticism for the one who proclaims the madhab of the salaf, who attaches himself to it and refers to it, rather it is obligatory to accept that from him by unanimous agreement because the way of the salaf is nothing but the truth.

So by me saying that I follow the way of the Salaf isn’t a title just to name my self with, this is the only correct way to practice the religion of Islam, we have proof from the Quran and the sunnah that make this clear to us and we shouldn’t follow Islam according to the majority or because its main stream Islam as

Allah says in the Quran 6:116

And if you obey most of those in the earth, they will lead you astray from Allah’s path , they follow nothing but conjecture, and they do nothing but lie.

So here is proof from the Quran that just because the majority of mankind is following away doesn’t mean its correct.

So here is some proof from Quran and Sunnah that it is mandatory to follow the Salafus salih and they way of Ahlus sunnah wal jamah, and I ask Allah to guide me and you to the right path and they way of the Salaf and let us die upon the correct path. Forgive me if I didn’t answer your question correctly.
    JazAllahi khair
    Your brother in Islam
    Mutah Beale (Napoleon)

14. Subhanallah, I comprehensively read every post and I have to say i agree with sister Fatima.

15. @Muhammed bin Abdul Muqtadir – agree about what in particular?

The Majority is not a Proof, by Shaikh Saalih Al-Fawzan (hafidhahullaah)*

From the characteristics of the people of the Days of Ignorance is that they would view the majority as proof that something was true and the minority as proof hat something was false. So according to them, whatever the majority of the people was upon, that was the truth. And whatever the minority was upon, that was not the truth. In their eyes, this was the balance used to determine truth from falsehood. However, this is wrong, for Allah says: And if you obey most of those on earth, they will mislead you far away from Allah’s path. They follow nothing but conjecture, and they do nothing but lie. [Surah Al-An’aam: 116]

And He says: But most of mankind doesn’t know. [Surah Al-A’raaf: 187]

And He says: And most of them We found to be not true to their covenant, but most of them We found indeed to be evil sinners. [Surah Al-A’raaf: 102]

quote:
    So the balance is not the majority and the minority. Rather, the balance is the truth. So whoever is upon the truth – even if he is by himself – he is the one who is correct and deserves to be emulated. And if the majority of the people are upon falsehood, then it is obligatory to reject them and not be deceived by them. So consideration is given to the truth. This is why the scholars say: “Truth is not known by way of men, but rather men are known by way of the truth.” So whoever is upon the truth, then he is the one we must follow and emulate.

In Allaah’s stories about the prior nations, He informs us that it is always the minority that is upon the truth, as Allah says: And no one believed with him except for a few. [Surah Hood: 40]

And in a hadeeth in which the nations were presented to the Prophet, he (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said that he saw a prophet who had a small group of followers with him, and a Prophet who had a man or two men following him, and another Prophet who had no one with him. (Sahih Al-Bukhari).

quote:
    So consideration is not given to which opinion or view has the most followers. Rather, consideration is given to its being either true or false. So whatever is true, even though a minority of the people or no one is upon it – so long as it is the truth – it must be adhered to, for indeed it is salvation. Falsehood is not aided by the fact that it has a majority of people following it – ever. This is a determining measure that the Muslim must always abide by.

The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Islam began strange and it will return back to being strange as it began.” (Sahih Muslim)

This will occur at the time when evil, calamities and misguidance increase. So no one will remain upon the truth except for the strange ones amongst the people and those who extract themselves from their tribes (for the sake of their religion). They will become strangers in their society.

The Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) was sent while the whole world was submersed in disbelief and misguidance. And when he called the people, only one or two answered his call. It was only until later on that they grew to be many. The tribe of Quraish, not to mention the whole of the Arabian Peninsula and the whole world, was upon misguidance. And the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) was the only one calling the people. So those who followed him were few with respect to the entire world.

So consideration is not given to the majority. Consideration is only given to what is correct and to achieving the truth. Yes, if the majority of the people are upon correctness, then that is good. However, the way of Allaah is that the majority of the people is always upon falsehood.

And most of mankind will not believe even if you desire it eagerly. [Surah Yoosuf: 103]

Source: Sharh Masaa’il-ul-Jaahiliyyah (pg. 60-62), via al-Ibaanah.

* [In his sharh (explanation) of Imam Muhammad ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhab’s (rahimahullaah) statement: From the greatest of their principles was that they would be deluded by the majority, using that to determine the correctness of a matter. They would also determine the falsehood of something if it was strange and that its adherents were few. So Allaah brought them the opposite of that, clarifying this in many places of the Qur`an.]

16. Zara says:

@umm Zubair bint Racine

Jazak Allah for your excellent response and reminder that people who wish to weaken the religion from the inside exist today just as they did 1400 years ago, and you are inshallah quite right: not every comment, particularly those which are clearly seeking to cause dispute, argument and offence to others, should be entertained.

@Abdullah Broomes

Also an excellent point which we often forget when we sometimes lose our way and try to “fit in” in with society’s illusions to the detriment of our faith, and as you appropriately quoted, Allah swt has warned us that if we were to follow the majority of mankind they would cause us to be led astray and far from the path of Truth. To further illustrate your point if I may, it is also mentioned in a hadith that on the Day of Ressurection only 1 out of every 100 people will enter Jannah, the remaining 99 being destined for Hellfire. May Allah count us among those who gain success on that Day of immense trials, Ameen.

@anon African American sister: I guess this makes me an angry stereotypical Asian Muslim…!

Allah knows best

17. ibrahim says:

Assalam alaikum fatimah

you said and i qoute…

Understand I’m not judging, just trying to understand why the way of the Salaf? Does it provide the rigid structure African Americans need to overcome their former vices?”
    End qoute

you see sister we need to remember the jahilliyah society before the message of Muhammad s.a.w, we need to remember the way the companions (may Allah be pleased with them) were living before they became muslim… and we will see that the African Americans (the way you describe them before islam) were similar to the companions (may Allah be pleased with them) before they became muslims.

you see the way of salafiyyah dawah is the same as the way of the companions it is following the Quran and sunnah the people of Ahlus sunnah wal Jamaah

18. mazher says:

Just came to know you were in Sweden, missed this opportunity to meet and listen to you. watched few videos of yours , really eye openers. May Allah bless you with health and energy to continue your good work.

19. Babar Butt says:

Asslamualikum bros and sis in Islam,

Masha Allah the discussion is very informative and answered many of my questions but still there is something that bugs me every time I come across a topic like this. Before I ask my question, I would like to give a brief info on my background.

I am from Pakistani origin born in London in a Sunni family and we were following the culture of Pakistan more than we followed Islam. I never really followed and understood the beauty of Islam until 2 years ago and I am 28 by the way. I was exposed to the true Islam through Peace TV speakers like abdur raheem green, sheikh deedat, zakir naik, yusuf estes, bilal philips and others and I realised that the people who are being labelled as wahabis or salafis are more closer to the truth as they follow the Quran and saheeh Hahith . However, when I tried to convey the same message to my relatives they started calling me wahabi and when I replied that I am a muslim they said , well thats what every wahabi says…lol. Alhamdulillah, my parents and brothers have understood and Allah has guided them but the battle is still on with my uncles and cousins who follow SUFI traditions and believe thats true Islam. In my personal experience, the majority of india and Pakitan agrees with the SUFI school of thought which is nothing but shirk and bid’at.

Now coming to my question that after finding the truth and realising that those people who are being labelled as wahabis or salafis are the ones who are closer to tawheed and real Islam, I started thinking How should I identify myself and which group should I refer to? Then after a bit of reading I came to a conclusion that actually I should just be calling myself a muslim and thats it.(please correct me if i am wrong) and I would like to quote the following verses from the Qur’an. I dont have the reference to the verses but it is mentioned that:

“Who is better in speech than the one who calls people to truth and says indeed I am one of the Muslims.”

“Verily, those people who divide their religion and break up into sects you, (Muhammad) have no concern with them in the least. Their matter is with Allah and He will show them what they used to do.”

“And hold tight to the rope of Allah and be not divided”

Now here comes my question. Although I understand and believe that the path of the righteous predecessors is the path that every muslim should follow as commanded by the Prophet(peace be upon him), Why do we have to call ourselves a “Salafi” as it sounds like we are making another group in Islam and going against the verses mentioned above.

Why cant we just follow the path of the salaf and call ourself as Muslims and leave no room for hizbiyya or divisions. To my understanding , if I put more emphasis on being a Salafi or sunni or wahabi then I am in a way making divisions.

To be more clear, I want to mention again that I believe and agree that the path of the Prophet(peace be upon him) and the sahabas is the best path to follow and Muhammad peace be upon him is the best example through which we can understand the deen but when the qur’an is telling us not to make groups and identify yourself as muslims why do we make other names like salafi or sunni or wahabi???

In the end I apologise if anyone is hurt or offended by the experience I shared with you. My intention is just to seek further clarification not to cause a dispute. Jazakallahukhairun.
    Mr.Babar Butt

20. Umm Sabaa says:

Wa’alaykum asalam warahmatullahi wabarakatu brother Babar Butt
    Allah potect you and all those who wish to die upon truth and make this answer of a benefit to you and others ameen.

Allaah Has Named us Muslims, So Why Ascribe Ourselves to the Salaf?

This doubt was very beautifully answered by Imaam al-Albaani in his discussion with someone on this subject, recorded on the cassette entitled, “I am Salafi”, and here is a presentation of the vital parts of it:

Shaikh al-Albaani: “When it is said to you, ‘What is your madhhab’, what is your reply?”

Questioner: “A Muslim”.

Shaikh al-Albaani: “This is not sufficient!”.

Questioner: “Allaah has named us Muslims” and he recited the saying of Allaah Most High, “He is the one who has called you Muslims beforehand.” (al-Hajj 22:78)

Shaikh al-Albaani: “This would be a correct answer if we were in the very first times (of Islaam) before the sects had appeared and spread. But if we were to ask, now, any Muslim from any of these sects with which we differ on account of aqeedah, his answer would not be any different to this word. All of them – the Shi’ite Rafidi, the Khaariji, the Nusayri Alawi – would say, “I am a Muslim”. Hence, this is not sufficient in these days.”

Questioner: “In that case I say, I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah.”

Shaikh al-Albaani: “This is not sufficient either”.

Questioner: “Why?”

Shaikh al-Albaani: “Do you find any of those whom we have just mentioned by way of example saying, ‘I am a Muslim who is not upon the Book and the Sunnah’?” Who is the one who says, ‘I am not upon the Book and the Sunnah’?”
    At this point the Shaikh then began to explain in detail the importance of being upon the Book and the Sunnah in light of the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih…

Questioner: “In that case I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih”.

Shaikh al-Albaani: “When a person asks you about your madhhab, is this what you will say to him?”

Questioner: “Yes”.

Shaikh al-Albaani: “What is your view that we shorten this phrase in the language, since the best words are those that are few but indicated the desired intent, so we say, ‘Salafi’?” End of quotation.
    Hence, the point is that naming with “Muslim” or “Sunni” is not enough, since everyone will claim that. And Imaam al-Albaani emphasised the importance of the truth being distinguished from the falsehood – from the point of view of the basis of manhaj and aqidah, and that is taking from the Salaf us-Saalih, as opposed to the various sects and groups whose understandings are based upon those of their mentors and leaders and not that of the Salaf, fundamentally.

Questioner: [Continuing from where we left off] “Alright, I will submit to you and I say to you: Yes (I agree about summarising with saying ‘I am Salafi’), yet my belief is what has preceded, since the first thing that a person thinks of when he hears that you are a Salafi is that he recalls much of the experience he has had and which has involved severity which leads to harshness, all of which sometimes occurs from the Salafis.”

Shaikh al-Albaani: “Lets accept that your words are correct. If you said ‘I am a Muslim’, will not a person’s think of a Shi’ite Rafidee, or a Druze or an Ismaa’eeli (and incline to him).”

Questioner: “It is possible, however, I will have followed the noble verse, “He has named you Muslims”.

Shaikh al-Albaani: “No my brother! You have not followed the verse, since the verse means the correct form of Islaam. It is necessary that you address the people according to their level of understanding… so will anyone understand from you (when you say ‘I am a Muslim’) that you are indeed a Muslim with the desired meaning in the verse (of correct Islaam)? As for the various cautionary matters you have mentioned, then these are sometimes correct and sometimes they are not correct. Since your saying about harshness, then this can sometimes occur from individuals, yet this is not representative of a methodology that is tied to knowledge and belief. Leave aside individuals for now, we are actually talking about manhaj (methodology). This is because when we say Shi’ite, or a Druze, or a Khaarijee, or a Soofee, or a Mutazilee, the various cautionary matters you raised come into play (and can apply to them aswell). Hence, this is not the subject of our discussion. We are investigating a name which gives evidence to the madhhab of an individual and by which he worships Allaah… Are not all the Companions Muslims?”

Questioner: “Naturally.”

Shaikh al-Albaani: “However, there was amongst them, one who stole, or fornicated, but this does not allow any of them to say, ‘I am not a Muslim’, rather he is a Muslim and a Believer in Allaah, as a chosen way, however he sometimes opposes his chosen way, because he is not infallible. And it is for this reason that we – may Allaah bless you – are speaking about a word which indicates our aqidah and our thought and our starting point in our lives and which relates to the affairs of our religion by which we worship Allaah. As for the issue of so and so who is harsh and so and so who is lax and too soft, then that is an entirely different issue…. I wish that you would reflect upon this concise word (i.e. Salafi) so that you do not persist upon the word ‘Muslim’. And you know that there is no one who will understand what you really intend (by using the word ‘Muslim’ alone) ever…” End Quote (Cassette “I am a Salafi”).

21. @Babar Butt, a beneficial article:

22. Privatik says:

Blog liked, but a lot of unnecessary comments.

23. Muneera says:

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatu Allahi w Barakatuh

Mashaa Allah Brother Muta i am so inspired by your story and i realy think you could be a great example and influence to the youth of our nation, i myself is born into Islam “allhamdullilah” since i am Saudi but unfortuneltley there is alot of fitna even in this land kids today are blindly following the gangsta thug life without even knowing the struggels that these people had to go thru and the lack of guideance they have and i’m not trying to justify for the gangstas but atleast there struggeling whilst the kids over here have every luxury any muslim would wish for… they speak arabic but they don’t understand it, they have families that will support and help them in being a better muslim yet there not interrested, they got roofs over there heads yet they act like homless backstreeters and speak in “broke” slang just to immitate the thugs, they wear outragous outfits that don’t represent them or there culture wallahi brother if you see them you would probably laugh cause its just Blind immitation they don’t even look muslim no more…even my little brother unfortunenatly is crazy about 50cent and trys to be like him “a’authu billah”

Subhan Allah brother when i see your situation where you come from the horrible things that you have been thru and what you have become Mashaa Allah truly Allah guides who he wants wallahi you got the best gift any human could have and tha’s the gift of guidance and now you are guiding our youth Mashaa Allah…i’m specially touched by the fact that your parents died infront of you when you were at a very young age!…yet i congratulate you that they were muslim and inshaa Allah you will be reunited with them in a better palce “Ya Rab” i am very ashamed of my self when i see you very confident in your faith whilst i sometimes compromise “even in the comfort of a muslim environmant ” to those who have gone astray examples like yourself truly inspire me to be a better muslimah and have more confidence in who i am and what i represent even with all the peer pressure…i congratulate you for finding the Haqq “the right path” and wish you all the best in this life and the hereafter.

p.s.
    sorry this is such a long reply i know i got carried away with the writing a little bit but really there is much more that i want to say but i won’t lol “i don’t want to bore you”
    in conclusion i just want to say that you changed the way i think about salafism and in fact i think that most of us are salafi but like brother Babar said it’s just best if we unite and call our selves Muslims
    brother Mutah what does your name mean? and did your parents give it to u? <<off topic

wasSalam

24. oggizzle says:

Asalamulaikum brother i left a message on other page on your website i dont remeber i was wandering could help me because i want to control my temptation towards women and i want to know how i can control this i need the right direction to keep me away from the fitna because i cant do my daily tasks and cant concentrate in life thankyou

i hope to hear from you soon inshallah
    thanks for the the talk at Abu bakr mosque it was insprining

asalamulaikum

25. Muhammad Abdullah says:

Asalaamu Alaakum Warahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Alhamdullilah I just finished watching Brother Mutah Beale talk about his coming to Islam, live in Brisbane Australia. Masha Allah brother. I remember first hearing of your story back in 2006 just before I was going to travel to America (California) with my wife (and her family who tagged along for a holiday) for a conference that she was attending. I remember it so clearly because I think I listened to a lecture you gave in Sydney Australia, and remember that I wished I had known about it so that I could have attended in person. I think I may have listened to it about 4 or 5 times and made everyone listen to it on the trip up from San Diego to LA. We all found it inspirational.

Baraka Allah to all those who have been posting here. So much good information.

Brother Mutah you may remember me, I asked you a question after the talk if you are studying under anyone, or which imams you follow. Alhamdulillah your post here has answered this. I was pretty sure of this by things that you said in your lectures but just was curious.

To everyone else posting here who has an issue with Ahl asunnah wal jama’a or those who are on the minhaj of the Salaf asalih please take my advice.

I was one of the so called mainstream Muslims. I would listen to what the Sheikhs would say about Wahabis, Salafis and various scholars of our times and accept it because I used to think that they where extreme and that we are on the middle path and tended to stay away from anything to do with these people.

However it first started with the likes of ….., and ……. I used to really enjoy listening to their lectures. Then someone said to me they are Wahabis, stay away from them. They are extreme in some of their views.

I started to think about this. If they are wahabis and they are telling us what the Prophet and the Sahabah did and said then the prophet and sahabah would be classified under these headings today and because I found truth in what they are saying then I am too, all the while our Sheikhs from the so called mainstream Muslims are telling us what this person and that Imam said and not what the prophet said or did in regards to certain issues.

When I truly started identifying with ASWJ, and the Salaf is after I heard some things about ….. being a Wahabi. I had never listened to any of his lectures and just accepted this as fact. One day I can across one of his lectures regarding deviations in the Ummah and thought it would be interesting to see the perspective of a so called salafi/wahabi regarding such issues.

Wallahi, and Allah is my witness I knew from this lecture that I was following the deviant sect. From this moment on I started to listen to more lectures by him (he has hundreds on his website), ………., etc I realised that I was in the extreme sect and not the so called wahabi’s or salafis. Extremism can go in many directions. Why was I following the what my community wanted and the people around me and not the Prophet and the Salaf.

To be fair though to people like @Fatima above yes there are some groups that identify them selfs as salafi and do things that are completely outside of islam and …… touches upon this a lot in quite a few of his lectures. Yes these groups you must be careful of. They refuse to pray behind other muslims that are not part of their groups etc. …… talks about them and distinguishes them from those who are following the Salaf and not claiming to be the Salaf.

Lastly I would like to say that it is in fact Haram to call someone a Wahabi because that is one of Allah’s most beautiful names and today it has come to mean something bad. So one should refrain from doing so. And for those of you who don’t know what Abdul Wahab did and practised do yourself a favour and learn about his life. Don’t just accept what some people say about him. Yes some of his views where incorrect even though very little. But he did bring back people to the religion when they had deviated greatly. We can learn a great deal from him and his story. It doesn’t mean you have to accept everything he says but he does say a lot of good things. You have your own minds, so use them and don’t let others be your mind.

There is a sad disease that has befallen the ummah. When people start to turn away from the haram and the deviation and turn to the religion of Allah they get labeled extreme by those who don’t want to come back to the religion or don’t even understand it properly or are just following what was passed down to them from their fathers.

As you noticed I didn’t quote any Quran or Hadiths in this post as many have already quoted above.

Inshallah Allah will guide us to the straight path and it is truly He who knows what is in our hearts better than we know what is in our own hearts.

Was Salaamu Alaakum.
    Muhammad Abdullah
    Brisbane, Australia

26. CoCoNutz says:

I dont see the difference between the 4 Imam’s schools of research and the Salaafi’s school of research.

They are all trying to understand and achieve the same goals set out by the Prophet (saw) and behave like the first 3 generations of Muslims.

Even the sa’haba asked the prophet to elaborate on the revelations.
    Allah is most merciful, Im sure we are all making effort to the best of our knowledge
    InshAllah.
    There is only one Islam and i cant see that the 4 Imam’s and the Sasalafi’s have been changing anything. I cant see them confusing anything that the Sa’haba wouldn’t have confused at times. Allah forgive me if Im wrong.

I have also heard of a hadith talking about music on the return of a traveler or at weddings, why wasn’t this used in the Music blog article. Does it not exist in the Hadith?

27. oumair ahmed says:

Asalamulaikum brother i was wandering im trying to proove to non-believer the existance of God whats the best way to tell them even if they are Athesist ?

28. saed razzaq says:

hey brother i have a question for you i live in canada and as you might know the haloween season is comming up, and usually for the past 2 seasons i have been selling pumpkins, and i am questioning this year weather it is halal or haram to sell pumpkins during this celebration or not, i am self employed and the kind of work i do is seasonal so on haloween i sell pumpkins and cristmas i set up shops in malls and sell cristmas gifts and on easter and mothers day i sell flowers and so on for each season. just curious to know weather it is ok or not before i start if it is not permitted i will have to find something else to do. thanks in advance

29. mutah says:

@ Saed I am not a scholar

30. Abd Al Rahman Mojahed says:

dear sirs
    This is Abdul Rahman Mojahed. Please provide me with the email of Mr Napolean of Outlawz in order that I attach to him my book’s galley for review, otherwise you can send me his address to send to him a copy of the book.

Abdu

31. @Saed

on my Youtube page are numbers of the Ulemah so you can ask directly:

Shaykh Falaah & Shaykh al-Anjaaree speak english.

regarding halloween & other celebrations of the disbelievers…

insha’Allah this will help.

32. Elfatih says:

Assalammu Alaikom wa rahmatullah brother Mutah, May Allah give you steadfastness and ease in following the path to Allah, and make it easy for you by his grace, indeed he is the helper of those who rely on him sincerely and never break their trust in him.
    I ask Allah to show you the best way in your deen and dunya. salams bro

33. ummu yahia says:

bismillah,

barakallahu fikum i just wanna say that salafiyya is the true and pure islam and that´s very well explained from our kabir ulema alhamdulillah .

may allah ta’ala protect, give taqwa and give the paradise to our brother in Allah Muta (napoleon)

alahmadulillah assalatu wasalamu rasulillah

assalamu alaikum warahmatullah

34. mutah says:

@ elfatih ameen wa anta

35. Assalmu alikum my dear brother i ask Allah to keep you in good health and eeman, may Allah bless you and protect you from all evil, i am your br from uk, i am soooo happy to see the likes of you being guided to this way of life, please remember me in your dua and i hope to meet you one day, i would like to know if you are able to come to uk i will be very happy if you do, keep well and one thing i am making a web site abt islam by myself i have put some youtube links of your videos i hope you wont mind, its not live yet but will be soon, Jazakallahu khairan

36. Shafqatullah says:

Assalamu Alaykum Br. Mutah,

I just read on your blog about the sickness of your son and the blessing Allah SWT has given him and your family in his recovery. May Allah continue His mercy on everyone.

Wasslam

37. abdelilah says:

subhana allah some brothers wants to make it hard for people to follow islam i just advice you brothers make all wht allah sw and the prophet mohamed pbbuh said cuz it’s normal in our world if i tell you about beard u will say nooo but thi islam take it as it is .anyway we have choice in everything as in islam so we are responsables of our acts try to care this religion may allah bless all brothers and thnx for this link brother napoleon i love you for god and all brothers

38. salaam to all. I just wanted to relate some things about myself. I was born in a middle class family and started on the wrong foot travelling on the wrong foot diverting from the haq. I was a solid Tupac fan, not just due to his music, but his lyrics, his intillect, his life, the lives of his predesessors and mainly the way he lived his life. I found myself stuck in the same hole as many other sinful people and eventually became depressed. I fantasized about what I was looking up to, as it became a heavy influence on me i began smokin weed, drinking, clubbing and commiting various other sins. Due to my behaviour I began loosing my mind and nearly got stabbed. Although I had it minor compared to all the other major players out there, I realised that we are all stuck in the same hole and need rescuing. If there is a kettle with water in it, you will not no weather its hot or cold unless you touch it, likewise islam has to be experianced in order to recieve full understanding and knowledge. After living the thug life, I went to hajj and seen nothing greater ever since. Alhumdulillah from watching speeches such as Brothet mutahs, I have so far remained steadfat on the deen and my life has changed for the better. As mutah says, we are still at war with our nafs. we must “take account of our deeds, before we are accounted for”. We all know that the time for judgement draw near so we must rectify ourselves. We should spread Islam and hold on tight to the sunnah even though it might be like holding hot coal. From my understanding as a fan, tupac never seen true islam, as he was caught up in to much drama and distractions were immense. Allah Is The Best Judge and Most Merciful. He is the Best Of Planners. I pray that we are all forgiven and have appreciation for what we have so that we may recieve more. AMEEN. Salaam

39. lilia says:

MashaAllah cheikh Abdul Muhsin Al Abbad hafidhahullah is a great oulama, oulama of the thruth with words of wisdom.
    may Allah bless you and protect you and ur dawa from all evil

40. mutah says:

@ lilia ameen jamia

41. Abu Ruqqayah says:

Asalamualikum wa rah,athullahi wa barakathu…

Its is nice that you posted the Shaikh’s fatwa for clearing out the airs around your documentary…alhamdullilah,,,

May Allah make all ours and yours affairs easy in this world and the hereafter and make us die on the manhaj of the salaf as it is the truth..

Do inform when u come here to the emirates

Hayyaka Allah wa baarakallahu feek..

abu ruqqaayah ali
    abu dhabi, uae

42. mutah says:

@ Abu ruqqayah wa alaikum salam jazak Allah khair, ameen, im always traveling to emirates my in laws are emiratees from abu dhabi so its like my second home next time im there will post insha Allah jazak Allah khair

43. Oem Abderrahmaan says:

Assalaamu Aleikom Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh,

Dear brothers and sisters,

First of all, please don’t mind my bad english because I’m from Holland. My question is directed to our brother in Islaam Mutah Beale, but please feel free to react if you have or have had a similar problem.

I am from Moroccan origine, but I’ve been born and raised in the Netherlands. Like most Moroccans over here, I wasn’t raised in a pure Islamic enviroment. By this I mean in society as well as at home. Culture was more present that Islam. I didn’t learn much about Islam when I was a child except that we believe in Allah and Mohamed may Allah’s peace be upon him is His Messenger, ofcourse Ramadan, and Salaah. Alhamdulillah for this, but Islamic moral, values, knowledge etcetera…that wasn’t present. Because of this I did everything I wanted to, may Allah forgive me. I dont want to reveal my bad deeds back then, but there is one thing that is killing me inside. And I am really really worried. I was a real R&B and Hip Hop fan when I was younger. I used to listen and sing every day, even before going to sleep. Until Allah guided me and I began learning and practising our religion from the in and outside. At the same time I came in contact with righteous sisters and we stood by eachother, attended lectures of knowledge etcetera. Alhamdulillah most of my bad habbits are over, but that one fitnah named music made its way back into my life again. I’ve repented time and time again, but after a while I find myself listening tot the shaytaan again, may Allah’s curse be upon him. Even when I’m listening, in my mind I think…what if the Angel of death comes to take my soul at this very moment. And I don’t even enjoy it and I feel filthy afterwards…but it’s like I’m freezed. I just don’t stop. I’m afraid Allah won’t accept my Tawbah because I’ve repented so many times. Usually I turn the Quraan on to, in my mind, cleanse myself from that filth. And Wallahi everytime I do so, I feel such a beautifull thing in my heart. It’s like my heart moves within my chest. And than the guilt starts to come up. But, may Allah protect you from music and it’s evils, after a while I find myself in the same situation.

My question is my dear brother, since you were involved in music for so many years, how did you stop listening to music? Was it as hard as it is for me right now? Can you give your weak sister advice as to how I can save myself from this Fitnah? Please help me with advice and dua Djazaakum Allahu gairan.

I’ve sent my request this way because I don’t have your emailadress or something like that. I will be checking this forum for an answer. May Allah keep you steadfast on His Path and protect you from all evil and guide the misguided people.

Fi Amaani Allah

44. mutah says:

@ oem wa alaikum salam may Allah guide us and you, when I first accepted Islam I was still involved in the music industry it wasnt until a few years later when brother showed me proof from Quran and Sunnah that musical instruments is haram in our deen. First thing i Done was make dua constantly to Allah to remove the love of music from my heart and replace it with Islam. So we should never ever stop making towbah to Allah, as long as when we make towbah we feel the regret and we promise Aallah we will never make the same sin again even if we slip back to the same sin weshould return back to towbah. we should make constant dua and never get tired of asking Allah for guidance. may Allah keep music and away from you and remove the urge of listening to it from your heart

45. imran says:

Salaam brother Mutah, I’m from Nelson ( more like Hellson) UK, I know u did a speach here a few years back (still have the leaflet) unfortunately missed you though.
    I just wanted to say Tupac and the Outlaws were my heroes since you guys came out and now to see you revert to Islam has inspired me to sit back and think twice about the lifestyle I bought into. I mean I know every song you guys did but just a few ayats of the Quran (so ashamed) I just wanna say may ALLAH keep you in good health and keep you spreading Islam the way you are and the next time you in th UK, you more than welcome to come eat at my house, My mums cooking is the best man….

46. bintu says:

May the peace and blessings of Allah be bestowed on you all, my brothers and sisters in Islam!

Reading all arguments for the various sects mentioned , I consider you all very lucky compared to your brothers and sisters in some of the African countries where Islam is practiced with all seriousness but with little understanding of the Arabic language. Here we get converted by the day to the christain faith because our imams have little knowlegde to effectively eduacte their followers. The christain association are working so hard to convert muslims to christianity. They send representatives to countries like egypt to study the bible in the arabic language so as to cause confusion in the minds of some of the muslims in our villages who do not understand the language. These people are eventually converte to cristianity. They are so desparete that they come in to the mosques dressed like muslims and hold the tasba’a and pretend to pray as muslims to familiarise themselves and eventually cause confusion in the minds of these muslims and convert them while some just practice islam in the most confussed way. I got this information from a Pastor who eventually became a muslim. From the former pastor’s confession which was recorded and sold in islamic centres with a view to disabusing the minds of those misguided and to enlighten those that do no know what is happing around them, the damge to Islam is enermous. (May Allah Subhana Wata’ala forgive him) I cannot write all the information here because it will be too lengthy and I will have to have it translated in to english from the language it was recorded. However my consern here is one. should’nt we all muslims unite and have a single front? If we keep our differences aside for the sake of Allah and take to the way of our Prophet Mahammad (S.A.W) we can achieve so much more than castigating one onother. Lets leave judgement ot Allah. Let us concentrate and focus on Da’awa and bring out those who are misguided back to Islam. AFTER ALL, THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD, THE ONE AND ONLY ONE ALLAH HAT WE ALL WORSHIP, WHO WAS NOT BEGOTTEN AND HAS NOT BEGOTTEN, THE PROPHET OF ISLAM IS ONE ( MAY THE PEACE AND BLESSINGS OF ALLAH BE BESTOWED UPON HIM) OUR FAITH IS ONE, OUR QURAN IS ONE AND HAS NOT CHANGED, WE FACE THE SAME DIRECTION OF AL QIBLA TO PRAY, UNANIMOUSLY FAST IN THE MONTH OF RAMADAN, WE PERFORM HAJJ ON THE SAME DAY OF ARAFAT, WE PRAY FIVE TIMES A DAY AND TO CROWN IT ALL WE BELIEVE IN ALL PROPHETS OF ALLAH AND WHAT WAS REVEALED TO THEM. Please dear brothers and sisters let us unite as one Muslim Ummah and spread Islam, the true religion! I may be wrong in my assumptions, if you find this unacceptable please do forgive me. i am just a muslim with limited knowledge.

47. Abdul Hakeem says:

Alhamdullilah iam of the view music is Haram.but i was a documentary that most musicians are parts of the illuminates and even your group leader is this really so or just a forge

48. Ramez says:

Brother Mutah,

If Allah says not to divide the ummah in the Q’uran why are you labeling yourself. The Hadith is a prophets saying. The q’uran should hold a higher value than hadith cause it could be corrupted as the bible. Allah protected the Q’uran. I am a revert myself.